Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Queens Park Rangers v Charlton | Sat 21 Dec | 3pm KO | Post-match views

Comments

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

The family next to me DID leave early, a couple minutes before the equaliser. Bad decision...
  • Options
    edited December 2019

I found this on one of the QPR message boards.

'Where’s the farkin’ Charlton thread then?
     on 18:28 - Dec 21 by kensalriser

Upset we've got the most reactionary rightwing nasty bastard sociopathic government for the last 30 years, yeah, I am still a bit pissed off with that.

Never mind I'll get to keep all my money and the plebs can fck off so it's not all bad.'

A response to that post was:

'If you want a symptom of that, see middle-aged Charlton fans singing about Grenfell on the way into the ground.'

Middle aged Charlton fans singing about Grenfell on the way into the ground?
    Did this happen, anybody know the truth?
    I wouldn't be entirely surprised if some of our fans did this, based on the depressing chanting against Karlan Grant the other day, but I wasn't there.
    If I had been I would have tried to challenge and/or shout down fans who chanted anything disparaging or inappropriate about Grenfell, if it happens it brings shame on us all.
  • Options
    I'm still concerned about HOW bad our defending was in the first 25 minutes yesterday, we weren't doing the basics at all, the marking at set pieces was all over the place. 

Poor considering we'd had 8 days since our last game, I can cope with being cut apart with great football, but not leaving their main strikers unmarked at corners
  • Options
    the number of total defensive fuck ups by Sarr prove to me that IF he has a place in the team it's either in midfield or attack .. his goals only compensate for those he gives away .. was he lucky to get the equaliser ? .. he looked well offside when the kick was taken and was played only onside by the defender's bad header .. still we'll take all we can get.
    All in all a battling performance from the Addicks .. 1/2 way through the season and still all to play for. 
    Great to see Taylor back and as always in the right place at the right time. We need the injured returnees back a s a p .. and if this benighted 'takeover' ever happens, some new players and a sort out of the dead wood currently on the playing staff

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/charlton-athletic/11892463/qpr-2-2-charlton
  • Options
    Can we stop digging out our own fans and just enjoy a last minute equaliser ffs
    If you mean me, well I for one thoroughly enjoyed the last gasp equaliser.
  • Options
    Play Naby up front alongside Taylor and give Bonne
    a rest on the bench. Can Deji play as a left wing back?
    Alfie and Albie must start if possible!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Upset we've got the most reactionary rightwing nasty bastard sociopathic government for the last 30 years, yeah, I am still a bit pissed off with that.

Never mind I'll get to keep all my money and the plebs can fck off so it's not all bad.'

'If you want a symptom of that, see middle-aged Charlton fans singing about Grenfell on the way into the ground.'

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if some of our fans did this, based on the depressing chanting against Karlan Grant the other day, but I wasn't there.
    If I had been I would have tried to challenge and/or shout down fans who chanted anything disparaging or inappropriate about Grenfell, if it happens it brings shame on us all.
    Lol didnt hear anything like this in  ground or outside. Someone with a Pc agenda trying to stir reactions. Don't give it oxygen
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Lol didnt hear anything like this in  ground or outside. Someone with a Pc agenda trying to stir reactions. Don't give it oxygen
    Fair enough. I wasn't there. I am glad it didn't happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Good grief.  Are most fan boards full of whinging left wing Bells?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    seth plum said:

Good grief.  Are most fan boards full of whinging left wing Bells?
    I don't think being disappointed at Charlton fans for singing about a very recent tragedy is "whinging left wing Bells"
    But I would be surprised if it really was the case and if anyone would be singing about it. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    As I said on the match thread, we were awful first 30 mins & should have been 3 down. Played a lot better once we went 5 at the back & Dougherty is a natural wingback.....so much better than Purrington as some of his forays in the 2nd half were excellent, esp the one that ended up with his shot narrowly missing the far post. I still think Oshilaja should be given a go at right wingback.....but Solly should never play in front of either him or Matthews.

Thought Gallagher needs a rest (obvs cant atm) and the front 2 see feeding off scraps. Lyle opportunistic for his goal but nothing falling for Bonne atm. Gutted about Leko.

As for our fans. Ones around me were constantly slagging off Taylor, saying he should go & he's not putting the effort in. I wonder if they'll change their tune now we've heard LB's update. Fans also very quiet 2nd half.....no singing at all. I know we are in ths middle of a slump but almost 2800 of us & you could hear a pin drop. More noise at the tube station afterwards......

MOTM.........Phillips. his saves kept us in it. Without him we would have lost by 4 or 5.
    What end were you in? We were loud up until our equaliser and deafening until they got their second. Atmosphere dipped after that but the scenes were unreal at the end. 
    Away end........far right above the corner flag. Very quite last 20 mins after they scored & certainly nowhere near the usual away games of recent years (Pompey, Wimbledon & then Reading this year)
    the acoustics in that end are weird. We went up the back on the right side (as you face pitch) so i could replace the drummer with my Phil Collins hands on the corrugated iron. I was behind a girder thing and could only hear the left hand side to join if I leaned forward. Mate in the lower tier couldn't hear anything upstairs, and said the left side kept singing different songs to the right side. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    We were in the middle and I can tell you it's bloody difficult trying to sing 2 different songs at the same time :smile:
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

Fair enough. I wasn't there. I am glad it didn't happen.
    When walking to the ground, in the ground, and as we all left the ground (I was standing by the club shop for 15 mins after the match waiting for some QPR mates and singing 'one Naby Sarr... like everyone else) and I did not hear anything whatsoever.

• Options
    Anyone who spoke to me at the game will know I called it! 😂 naby to play further forward and to score the winner (or equaliser)... 
    nab seems to win more and look more composed up front.

Id love to see him up top with taylor! Or super sub striker. 

Would like to see oshi start in the back 3 as he bring a bit of pace which we lack. 

Gallagher and taylor ran their socks off. 

Bowyer did well to change it quickly as tactics werent working and to be fair qpr’s wingers were good. That ezi played like zaha and will definitely move up. Millwall released him aparantly. 

Unlike everyone else i thought loftus road was a decent ground. Rapid to get in, got a beer quickly, toilets quick, good view, full house. Got away easy and the tube was empty (was strange). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you to the 2,787 travelling Addicks for your superb support this afternoon See you back in SE7 on Boxing Day! #cafc

• Options

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Took both boys for the first time since the playoffs, sitting in the front row to the right of the goal. We started badly and I said to them at the time, don't give up hope, this team doesn't give up, even during the poor recent run.
    So Naby's equaliser was massive. I got absolutely crushed against the perimeter wall, but it was well worth it to see the whole team going totally mental right in front of us. I don't think I've ever been hugged by so many lads who seemed to have adopted me as their dad/granddad figure. The spirit of the Charlton fans was amazing, as there were only a few murmurings of disquiet near me when we were 2-1 down. And everybody except the older fella standing next to me stayed right to the end to see it. I can only assume he heard the equaliser from just outside the ground, poor sod.
    Doughty is a real prospect. He has pace, ability on the ball, and can spot a pass, although yesterday the final pass didn't come off a couple of times when we were in good positions.
    Good to see Naby enjoying his football again. His poor clearance and his goal happened right in front of us. Proper striker's finish, but the clearance was a bit duff - he was backpedaling, and I don't think he was expecting the ball to come to him. But the reaction of the fans after that first Rangers' goal must have given the team a boost. Magnifique!
    It was also good to see Taylor getting fired up. He was stoked when we scored, which is hopefully a good sign.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Loving Lockyer's reaction to the fans there , future captain there surely!
    And Pratley comes over to give the other players a bit of a slap or punch.
    Brilliant.
    Pratley is becoming a really really cool guy, loving him right now.
    He's the most underrated player we have, his age doesn't yet seem to have caught up with him with the usual 'his legs have gone' he marshalls the midfield, knows exactly what to do and when, when to take a card. He must be right now one of the first names on the team sheet.

Bonne didn't quite know what to make of the slap he got  :D
  • Options
    I may be wrong but I seem to recall Chris Whyte, remember him? playing up front for a couple of games.
  • Options
    I may be wrong but I seem to recall Chris Whyte, remember him? playing up front for a couple of games.
    Former Arsenal and Leeds CH to name a couple of his other clubs. 😉.