Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Queens Park Rangers v Charlton | Sat 21 Dec | 3pm KO | Post-match views

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    ross1 said:

Sorry, but if LB thinks we deserved more than a point then he's deluded. I love his passion & his honesty......but does himself no favours by spouting rubbish like this. 

QPR could have been 3-0 up by the time we switched to a back 5 & they looked a lot more threatening when going forward. Best player in the pitch was the youngster they brought on that gave Pearce the run around for their 2nd goal. 

The only thing the game proved is that you need to take your chances. I wouldn't have wanted to be in Naki Wells shoes after the game.
    What were the stats for yesterday’s game ? QPR did a lot of running about but were there that many clear chances for them to actually score ? Even on the tv screens at half time they were saying they only have one clear cut chance which must have been the goal so  they didn’t think their player had a chance of bearing Phillips when it was one on one 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Sorry, but if LB thinks we deserved more than a point then he's deluded. I love his passion & his honesty......but does himself no favours by spouting rubbish like this. 

QPR could have been 3-0 up by the time we switched to a back 5 & they looked a lot more threatening when going forward. Best player in the pitch was the youngster they brought on that gave Pearce the run around for their 2nd goal. 

The only thing the game proved is that you need to take your chances. I wouldn't have wanted to be in Naki Wells shoes after the game.
    What were the stats for yesterday’s game ? QPR did a lot of running about but were there that many clear chances for them to actually score ? Even on the tv screens at half time they were saying they only have one clear cut chance which must have been the goal so  they didn’t think their player had a chance of bearing Phillips when it was one on one 
    They also missed a header that looked easier to score. 

They should of been 3 nil up in the first 45 minutes 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

yeah, that sitter of an open goal that Wells missed from 2 yards was about as clear cut a chance as you get

shame they took him off, he was pretty bad
  • Options
    ross1 said:

And Lyle hit the bar with a beautifully weighted header.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    ross1 said:

It was nowhere near as easy as the chance that Wells missed. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    ross1 said:

It was nowhere near as easy as the chance that Wells missed. 
    I wasn't insinuating it was, my point was we also had good chances. That one Lyle weighted well, just got a bit too under it.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Doherty did great to slalom his way into the box 2nd half and not sure if it was a shot that he pulled into a low hard cross but it seemed easier to hit the target and that was a decent chance.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Doherty did great to slalom his way into the box 2nd half and not sure it was a shot that he pulled into a low hard cross but it seemed easier to hit the target and that was a decent chance.
    Mmmmh, taking your man on from the left, cutting in at full pace and hitting the target is not quite that easy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    RedChaser said:
    Doherty did great to slalom his way into the box 2nd half and not sure it was a shot that he pulled into a low hard cross but it seemed easier to hit the target and that was a decent chance.
    Mmmmh, taking your man on from the left, cutting in at full pace and hitting the target is not quite that easy!
    It should be if you're doing that in training five days a week 😉.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    ross1 said:

That was in the second half. They should of been out of sight by then.

anyway my post was in reply to the poster saying he don’t re call them having many chances other than the goal and one on one not about our chances. 
  • Options
    Bbc stats say
    21 shots qpr 11 Charlton 
    On target 9 qpr Charlton 4 

beginning of the season that was us dominating a game and winning by the odd goal with similar stats , not anymore though our luck has run out 

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Bbc stats say
    21 shots qpr 11 Charlton 

beginning of the season that was us dominating a game and winning by the odd goal with similar stats , not anymore though our luck has run out 

So we scored 50% of our shots on target and QPR only scored 22% 

That’s a better stat.  
  • Options
    Bbc stats say
    21 shots qpr 11 Charlton 

So we scored 50% of our shots on target and QPR only scored 22% 

That’s a better stat.  
    It is certainly a key statistic. If we create more similar chances, we will score even more.
  • Options
    Naby is the most technically gifted player in our squad. Fact.
    But a shit defender and that is what he is paid to do
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    ross1 said:
    There’s a surprisingly happy looking QPR fan in this clip, sat at the back of the lower tier. Must’ve got some good odds on a 2-2, or something!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Naby is the most technically gifted player in our squad. Fact.
    But a shit defender and that is what he is paid to do
    Paid to be a s*** defender? How novel.
  • Options
    Strange that both Sarr and Pearce made their 100th appearances in the same match.

I wonder how often that's happened before?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Strange that both Sarr and Pearce made their 100th appearances in the same match.

I wonder how often that's happened before?
    Especially when neither signed in the same year
  • Options
    Brilliant control and finish, Sarr is better there than he is defending.
    No joke. He should be a defensive midfielder I reckon, or a sweeper type role. I never feel comfortable with Sarr as a main centre back.

Why not put him front? Remember Paul Warhurst?
  • Options
    Athletico Charlton said:

Sorry for not reading the thread before posting but has this been posted yet?? If not here is an excellent report o fthe match wit a QPR perspective.... as a short example of the style of writing... here you go which is about the most positive comment on Lee Bowyer from an oppossing fan I have read to date..

"Lee Bowyer has a face like a sunken scrotum, a voice like somebody who rings TalkSport to argue with Adrian Durham, and a track record of drug bans, kicking Asian lads up and down Leeds High Street, and smashing up suburban McDonalds, but he’s proving surprisingly adept at this management lark in the face of a complicated ownership situation, a miniscule transfer budget and years of terminal decline."

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/51529/profligate-qpr-punished-by-sarrs-sickener--report

Loved that, made me laugh!
  • Options
    The game’s big chances:

5:16 - 49% - Geoff Cameron - GOAL

6:21 - 58% - Lyle Taylor - SAVED

14:01 - 48% - Nahki Wells - CROSSBAR

22:56 - 51% - Nahki Wells - SAVED

55:48 - 62% - Lyle Taylor - GOAL

69:25 - 64% - Marc Pugh - GOAL

73:11 - 47% - Lyle Taylor - CROSSBAR

94:55 - 45% - Naby Sarr - GOAL
  • Options

Sorry for not reading the thread before posting but has this been posted yet?? If not here is an excellent report o fthe match wit a QPR perspective.... as a short example of the style of writing... here you go which is about the most positive comment on Lee Bowyer from an oppossing fan I have read to date..

"Lee Bowyer has a face like a sunken scrotum, a voice like somebody who rings TalkSport to argue with Adrian Durham, and a track record of drug bans, kicking Asian lads up and down Leeds High Street, and smashing up suburban McDonalds, but he’s proving surprisingly adept at this management lark in the face of a complicated ownership situation, a miniscule transfer budget and years of terminal decline."

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/51529/profligate-qpr-punished-by-sarrs-sickener--report

that's a brilliant report, funny and balanced

"Charlton moved the world’s biggest human Naby Sarr from centre back to centre forward. Fuck it. MORE. More please. Both teams embarked on a series of three v three counter attacks for shits and giggles"