Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Queens Park Rangers v Charlton | Sat 21 Dec | 3pm KO | Post-match views

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Very good. Particularly liked 'with an injury list that the script writers of the Casualty Christmas Special would baulk at'
  • Options
    The game’s big chances:

5:16 - 49% - Geoff Cameron - GOAL

6:21 - 58% - Lyle Taylor - SAVED

14:01 - 48% - Nahki Wells - CROSSBAR

22:56 - 51% - Nahki Wells - SAVED

55:48 - 62% - Lyle Taylor - GOAL

69:25 - 64% - Marc Pugh - GOAL

73:11 - 47% - Lyle Taylor - CROSSBAR

94:55 - 45% - Naby Sarr - GOAL
    Charlton clearly on top then as the game went on
  • Options
    The game’s big chances:

Apart from the last 15 mins, plus added time, when we weren't in it. 
  • Options

Sorry for not reading the thread before posting but has this been posted yet?? If not here is an excellent report of the match with a QPR perspective.... as a short example of the style of writing... here you go which is about the most positive comment on Lee Bowyer from an oppossing fan I have read to date..

"Lee Bowyer has a face like a sunken scrotum, a voice like somebody who rings TalkSport to argue with Adrian Durham, and a track record of drug bans, kicking Asian lads up and down Leeds High Street, and smashing up suburban McDonalds, but he’s proving surprisingly adept at this management lark in the face of a complicated ownership situation, a miniscule transfer budget and years of terminal decline."

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/51529/profligate-qpr-punished-by-sarrs-sickener--report

Very very entertaining read.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I love the Nabster, but he couldn't play up front for 95 minutes. Paul Warhurst was the exception. Naby loves to stride forward with the ball at his feet and he would struggle to stay on side if he played as target man.
    Both Taylor and Bonne don't stop running where CB normally cover a shorter distance.
    10 minutes max if losing.
    In 100 games for Pearce and Sarr, they have both made a few mistakes that have led to goals. 
    Since it was pointed out Naby had made few errors that led to goals he has messed up against Fulham (must bring player down outside box) Millwall ( stop Smith heading ball) QPR ( put ball in row Z).

On the plus side, great pass for Williams for cross for Bonne goal and two good goals with Naby starting the move from outside his own penalty area against Hull and a strikers finish in last minute against QPR.

A 1st minute Red card or a 95th minute equaliser, Naby is box office and just like a Clint Eastwood movie can be good,bad and ugly all in one production.
  • Options
    That QPR report is fantastic
  • Options
    Great report that, and I agree 100% with the sentiment

Yes it would be great to grind out 1-0 after 1-0 and get promotion, but if you're not at the top you want to be entertained, goals, attacks, defensive cock ups etc
  • Options
    Doubt even Van Djik could have stopped that Smith header, although he may have been awarded a foul due to reputation.
  • Options
    The game’s big chances:

Not sure Inagree with that mate.Taylor nearly scored straight from the KO after heir first goal.We had other chances including Taylor hitting the crossbar and Doughty going just wide.Though e
    we was worth a draw.Game of opinions.COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The game’s big chances:

Not sure Inagree with that mate.Taylor nearly scored straight from the KO after heir first goal.We had other chances including Taylor hitting the crossbar and Doughty going just wide.Though e
    we was worth a draw.Game of opinions.COYR
    Yes, but I said the last 15 mins.
    Taylor hit the bar on 73 mins & Doughty went close about the same time.
    Maybe, it was the last 12 mins plus added time, that we weren't in it.
    Naby's goal came out of nowhere :-)
  • Options
    The game’s big chances:

Don't get those stats. Wells missed a header from two yards out - was that only rated at 48%??
  • Options
    Excellent QPR report. Not match sympathy for Ben "tart" Purr!
  • Options
    “I’ve repeatedly explained why I think this is the weakest Championship there has been for several seasons, and we’re competing in that piss poor division with a better-than-expected haul of points on the board already “ 

This punter would have a better view than many and is prolly right .

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bbc stats say
    21 shots qpr 11 Charlton 
    On target 9 qpr Charlton 4 

beginning of the season that was us dominating a game and winning by the odd goal with similar stats , not anymore though our luck has run out 

So we scored 50% of our shots on target and QPR only scored 22% 

That’s a better stat.  
    It is certainly a key statistic. If we create more similar chances, we will score even more.
    Aye, there’s the rub. 
  • Options

Sorry for not reading the thread before posting but has this been posted yet?? If not here is an excellent report of the match with a QPR perspective.... as a short example of the style of writing... here you go which is about the most positive comment on Lee Bowyer from an oppossing fan I have read to date..

"Lee Bowyer has a face like a sunken scrotum, a voice like somebody who rings TalkSport to argue with Adrian Durham, and a track record of drug bans, kicking Asian lads up and down Leeds High Street, and smashing up suburban McDonalds, but he’s proving surprisingly adept at this management lark in the face of a complicated ownership situation, a miniscule transfer budget and years of terminal decline."

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/51529/profligate-qpr-punished-by-sarrs-sickener--report

Great bit of writing. And right at the end: ‘fantastic away support* the likes of which we haven’t seen down here probably since Newcastle were last in this league… Nowhere I’d rather be.’
  • Options

Great report. 

Attendance – 16,166 (3,000 Charlton approx.) No better place to be in the world when it’s like this. Absolutely packed, end to end game, floodlights streaming down, fantastic away support the likes of which we haven’t seen down here probably since Newcastle were last in this league… Nowhere I’d rather be.
  • Options
    I love the Nabster, but he couldn't play up front for 95 minutes. Paul Warhurst was the exception. Naby loves to stride forward with the ball at his feet and he would struggle to stay on side if he played as target man.
    Both Taylor and Bonne don't stop running where CB normally cover a shorter distance.
    10 minutes max if losing.
    In 100 games for Pearce and Sarr, they have both made a few mistakes that have led to goals. 
    Since it was pointed out Naby had made few errors that led to goals he has messed up against Fulham (must bring player down outside box) Millwall ( stop Smith heading ball) QPR ( put ball in row Z).

On the plus side, great pass for Williams for cross for Bonne goal and two good goals with Naby starting the move from outside his own penalty area against Hull and a strikers finish in last minute against QPR.

A 1st minute Red card or a 95th minute equaliser, Naby is box office and just like a Clint Eastwood movie can be good,bad and ugly all in one production.
    I wonder if anyone that has made so many mistakes has ever been loved by so many fans .  He seems a lovely guy but the sooner we get a proper partner for Lockyer the better 
  • Options
    Can we all just take a moment to appreciate just how good Dillon Phillips is? Have to say when he first came into the side last year he looked shaky and I was worried. How wrong I was, will be the next of our players plying his trade in the PL. Still only 24 as well. Keep it up Dill, total class.
    His kicking can be woeful at times and he doesn't come to claim crosses anything like as much as he said, witness the first goal yesterday.  I'm pleased we have him but he's not PL class so I'm pleased we'll be having him for a long time yet.
    That ball for the first goal yesterday wasn't his to claim. Goalkeepers that come for balls that far from their line will, probably 8 times out of 10, be made to look silly.
    Sometimes you just have to rely on your defenders to defend. It's a percentage call and his call yesterday was correct. 
    Probably agree with that, just... 
    However this is a massive threat to us every week as he doesn't come to claim or punch enough, when he does he does it well which makes it more annoying when he doesn't. 
    Other than the last minute goal conceded to Hull, Dillion have made a myriad of  goal line clearances including about 3 in that Hull game. If Dillion could come off his line and punch well, he wouldn't still be at Charlton.
    David de Gea Is a great goal line stopper but on many occasions looks weak in the air including last week against Everton.
    Again, as per my reply above, I agree with everything you have said. 
    I see Premiership keepers make mistakes every week - a good keeper keeps mistakes to a minimum.

Sometimes we spend too much time focussing on weaknesses and not enough on strengths. It's been a hard season so far for Dillon and he's done really well. I don't think distribution will ever be his strong point but as a shot stopper he's excellent and as for crosses I'm unclear as to how LB tells the defence to deal with them.

One of the better Champuonship keepers for me.

Funnily enough I think his distribution is great when he throws it and a lot of his shit distribution or mistakes  is trying things a little bit 'out there'
    It's the decision making with the choice of distribution sometimes, slowing the game down, looking at the pitcure up the other end of the field when he does a quick one. That will come with age, he's very very young for a 1st choice keeper in the champ
    His distribution  was top notch yday especially taking the swirling wind into account.

Got luck a couple of times but he's earned that luck