Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Fleetwood Town | Saturday 22nd January 2022

Comments

• Options
    Really didn't enjoy that first half but a deserved 3 points in the end. Hopefully that goal allows Morgan to push on, very well taken especially considering the miss just before.

Burstow, please let us keep hold of one of our young stars for a few seasons. Innis was excellent and Claire was solid again. Felt much more confident with Mac back in goal too.

We have a very tough run of games coming up so getting into some form and putting some points on the board is essential.
    Will Burstow play more than the 49 games that Lookman played for us? And more than Gomez’s 21 games and Poyet’s 20 games?
  • Options
    So so pleased for Alfie. I have never given up on him, hopefully this good game and a goal will spur him on.
    He needs to add consistency now.

Midfield off Morgan, Gilby & Dobson next game I hope.
    wouldn't have agreed before today but I do now ... hope he can keep it up 
  • Options
    So so pleased for Alfie. I have never given up on him, hopefully this good game and a goal will spur him on.

Shame he went and left us. 🙁
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent win against pretty poor opposition. 

Defense won us the game with Dobson, kept us well in control of the game and finished off enough chances to win. 

Let's see if we can carry it on against Portsmouth. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Decent win against pretty poor opposition. 

Defense won us the game with Dobson, kept us well in control of the game and finished off enough chances to win. 

Let's see if we can carry it on against Portsmouth. 
    Fleetwood won 4 out of their last 6 including beating Rotherham last time out
    They sit 20th with 7 wins, 7 draws and 12 losses. 

Away from home they've won 2 games all season. 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Had to skip coming to the Valley because of feeling crap with a cold and for 20 minutes was counting my blessings, but we steadily improved and deserved the win. Good to follow up last week’s point with three more and that will hopefully set a decent foundation for some tough fixtures ahead.
    George Dobson again excellent but a big shout out also for Albie Morgan who backed up last week’s quality showing and redeemed himself for an earlier miss by hitting our second goal. Great technique. Alex Gilbey made a positive impact too, and his ability to drive at defences at pace is a great asset. I’d start him in place of the white Pele next week and keep Albie in.
    Back on the road to Wembley on Tuesday. Come on You Reds.
    You sure it’s a cold?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I hate to say it, but I hope we don't put out a full strength side for the PJT. It's not where our focus should be.
  • Options

They did all play well and deserve a day off but I think giving them the whole game off is a bit unnecessary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, think we just edged it with the 2nd half performance. Genuinely pleased for Albie with his goal and obviously what it meant to him. he with the team improved as the game went on. Looked like the new coach afterwards was saying effectively look what happens when you get in the box!!. Green shoots for him as they say by improvements still to be made. But I don’t want to be negative in any way and piss on his chips tonight. Well done Albie.. credit when it’s due.pleased we can talk about a victory tonight…. However it comes.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Davo55 said:
    Had to skip coming to the Valley because of feeling crap with a cold and for 20 minutes was counting my blessings, but we steadily improved and deserved the win. Good to follow up last week’s point with three more and that will hopefully set a decent foundation for some tough fixtures ahead.
    George Dobson again excellent but a big shout out also for Albie Morgan who backed up last week’s quality showing and redeemed himself for an earlier miss by hitting our second goal. Great technique. Alex Gilbey made a positive impact too, and his ability to drive at defences at pace is a great asset. I’d start him in place of the white Pele next week and keep Albie in.
    Back on the road to Wembley on Tuesday. Come on You Reds.
    You sure it’s a cold?
    Don't worry JS. Nothing nastier.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I hate to say it, but I hope we don't put out a full strength side for the PJT. It's not where our focus should be.
    Where does the team for the PJT fit in with a post match review?!
  • Options
    First half was forgettable. Important to keep that home form going as our away form has been very poor. Pleased for Burstow and Morgan with their goals. 

Whoever Charlton play I cannot be annoyed when we win. 
  • Options
    Scratching my head a bit at that, we were properly shit first half, then second half we pressed them a bit and won the free kick, and after every pass from Albie looking terrible, he floats a great ball to the back stick for Inniss to head back across, and the boy wonder puts it in. Then we fail to kill the game off, the referee gives everything against us, but Fleetwood are absolutely pants and didn't capitalise on it, and after a lot of huffing and puffing and Albie putting himself in a position to double the lead with a great bit of dribbling, he drags a pretty easy shot wide, and we all wonder if he'll ever get a goal. 30 seconds later and he's met a ball on the half volley and the power takes it through the keeper, and it's delirium and a clean sheet win.

Thought we were absolutely diabolical in the first half, but second half we were bang average, and as it turns out, that was more than good enough