Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Fleetwood Town | Saturday 22nd January 2022

Comments

• Options
    What was that phone torch light nonsense all about? Anyone over the age of 12 doing that is not welcome back. 
  • Options
    Fleetwood went in with confidence and we had to turn the tide which we did. And were deserved winners. Probably not as easy as people may think and maybe the start of a positive run now. I'd like to see Stockley back though.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    What was the crowd? 
    I am still obsessed by this as well, always have been. Then I think, "what's the bloody point?", it is pure fantasy now anyway!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I hate to say it, but I hope we don't put out a full strength side for the PJT. It's not where our focus should be.
    Really? What else do we have to play for this season?

We aren’t going up and we shouldn’t be thinking about going down.

All we have left is a possible day at Wembley.

I will not be happy if we don’t go for it Tuesday with the best possible team. 

We have almost a week after Hartlepool until Portsmouth plenty of time to rest.

Lose Tuesday and season is over. 
    @RonnieMoore will erase your doubts.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    A win to stop the poor run. Happy with that.
    Lee was utilised with Shinnie in Luton's promotion season from L1 to Championship. He has the ability to help us get out of this league.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    What was the crowd? 
    According to Rich Cawley just over 21k, which I think is a tad over the top. Yes the AC Stand was about 80% full across all blocks but plenty of empty seats in the Covered End Upper. I would say nearer 17k, seeing as Fleetwood look like they only bought a few hundred. 

As for the game itself - most had already been said but I want to reiterate about our tactic of 50 yard diagonal balls by our central defenders. NO. Leave that sort of passing to the midfield. They should be the ones pulling the strings & making incisive passes. 

I'd put Gilbey back in the team.....but unfortunately it would be for Morgan. As that wont happen now he's scored it will have to be (for now) for Lee. CBT is better on the right & hopefully once Castillo is fit & healthy he can play on the left. 

Looking at the results nothing much has changed. We are still 6 points off relegation & 13 from the play offs. Bloody good job we won otherwise the shit really would have hit the fan on here.

• Options
    I think Lee is lacking in confidence but not hiding and will get back to form soon.
  • Options
    Decent win against pretty poor opposition. 

Defense won us the game with Dobson, kept us well in control of the game and finished off enough chances to win. 

Let's see if we can carry it on against Portsmouth. 
    Fleetwood won 4 out of their last 6 including beating Rotherham last time out
    They sit 20th with 7 wins, 7 draws and 12 losses. 

Away from home they've won 2 games all season. 
    We’ve only just made it to 9 wins ourselves…
  • Options
    We won. That's about the only real positive. Was bored out of my brain for most of it.

IMO the 3-5-2 has been worked out by our opposition. Teams get in our faces and we just start humping it long into the channels.

No one particularly stood out.

Where is the energy from the Plymouth and Ipswich games? So many look like they are going through the motions.

Feel no affinity with this team at all.
    Caught most of it on the TV and the post above sums it up for me. We look exactly what we are, an average, mid table league one team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    What was the crowd? 
    No idea but a hell of alot more than I was expecting.

poor first half, better in the 2nd. Need stockley and Washington fit and then we are 3/4 quality players away from challenging next season 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Not keen on this formation, it'll be interesting to see how we look playing it with a proper wing back in the team. Typical Charlton, signing a player with covid.
    Who has Covid and how can we sign a player in isolation ?
    The new wing back lad from Chelsea..
  • Options
    First 35 minutes was a repeat of last Saturday at Cheltenham. Bag of crap! Better last 10 in that half, but still unacceptable.

Second half better but even at 1up you was still on edge until Gilbey came on for the Woeful performance by Lee, then things changed for the better. 

Certain individuals still need a kick up the arse, as better sides willl go through us on that! 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    First 35 minutes was a repeat of last Saturday at Cheltenham. Bag of crap! Better last 10 in that half, but still unacceptable.

Second half better but even at 1up you was still on edge until Gilbey came on for the Woeful performance by Lee, then things changed for the better. 

Certain individuals still need a kick up the arse, as better sides willl go through us on that! 
    Bit like a dodgy Indian takeaway, going through us I mean!!🤢😰
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:

Bit like a dodgy Indian takeaway, going through us I mean!!🤢😰
    You need to shop elsewhere then sunshine! 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    What was the crowd? 
    At least 7.
  • Options
    Glad and a little relieved to get 3 points, but at times I thought the standard of football was pretty poor but I suppose that's league one for you. 
  • Options
    Glad and a little relieved to get 3 points, but at times I thought the standard of football was pretty poor but I suppose that's league one for you. 
    15th v 19th before kick off. 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Decent win against pretty poor opposition. 

Defense won us the game with Dobson, kept us well in control of the game and finished off enough chances to win. 

Let's see if we can carry it on against Portsmouth. 
    Fleetwood won 4 out of their last 6 including beating Rotherham last time out
    They sit 20th with 7 wins, 7 draws and 12 losses. 

Away from home they've won 2 games all season. 
    We’ve only just made it to 9 wins ourselves…
    And have only won a pathetic 3 games away from home out of 13
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    15th v 19th before kick off. 
    Your right shirty, I clearly expect to much. 
  • Options
    Tedious first half, second better and a much needed 3 point clean sheet win. Into the Papa Johns…
  • Options
    I'd treat Hartlepool like a league game tbh
  • Options
    First half was poor, 2nd half we deserved the win. An important win considering recent poor results but this will be a forgettable season 
  • Options
    TS in the local with the guitar out tonight. Fair fucking play.

https://twitter.com/louismend/status/1485000827760746496?s=21
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The bbc website records a 5 man midfield … what was the formation ?
     Same as usual.

3-5-2 with Dobson in the holding role.

MacGillivray
    Clare Dobson Famewo
    Jaiyesimi Morgan Dobson Lee B.Taylor
    Burstow Aneke
    Dobson may have been everywhere, but pretty sure he wasn't in the back 3 AND midfield :)