Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Fleetwood Town | Saturday 22nd January 2022

Comments

• Options
    A couple of things on the ref yesterday ( other than stone). Their first free kick about 2-3 yards outside and to the left of the D, when had finished marking out the distance for the wall, it was inline with the penalty spot. When both teams made a sub at the same time, he allowed their player to walk across the pitch from the AC stand and then made ours leave the pitch by the AC Stand.
  • Options
    Is it just me, or just us (as fans), but do we get on the wrong end of more refereeing decisions than right? 

It feels it to me, but I don't think we help ourselves in how we show the ref from early in a game, that we are prepared to make a number of silly fouls.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The bbc website records a 5 man midfield … what was the formation ?
     Same as usual.

3-5-2 with Dobson in the holding role.

MacGillivray
    Clare Dobson Famewo
    Jaiyesimi Morgan Dobson Lee B.Taylor
    Burstow Aneke

If we’re cloning Dobson, let’s have a couple more. 
    Lets just not have a clone of him up front

That moment where he got into the penalty area, had a shot and fell over instead, making it look a tackle - Bless his cotton socks - Explains why he constantly just sits in front of the defence :D
  • Options
    A couple of things on the ref yesterday ( other than stone). Their first free kick about 2-3 yards outside and to the left of the D, when had finished marking out the distance for the wall, it was inline with the penalty spot. When both teams made a sub at the same time, he allowed their player to walk across the pitch from the AC stand and then made ours leave the pitch by the AC Stand.
    Yeah but overall one of the best refs we have seen this season. He was a bit less trim than we’ve seen but kept up with play and let the game flow and made pretty much the right decisions all game. How many times has that not happened? 

I’ll answer myself, we have had shit loads of bad/apparently biased refs and he was neither.

do agree no where near 10 yards mind. 
  • Options
    Scrappy in the first half, patchy in places in the second half,but got better as the time went on.

Innis is getting better and more consistent and becoming the player we know he can be.
    Ref was disgraceful to walk out on a professional football match in that condition. I had visions of him having a fag and Stella at half time.  He was blowing like a whale at 75mins
  • Options
    2-0 home win, clean sheet, both goals scored by academy products. What more can you ask for?
    creative passing football and more goals  for £23 please
  • Options
    I've noticed this a few times recently at the Valley - There is a rule where the referee can tell the player to leave by the closest point, I like it, but dont feel that it gets enforced enough - Might have been the Cambridge game, yet again Jaiyesimi was the ONLY player who had to get off the pitch in front of the AC Stand.

No one else had to though, not even the other Charlton subs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loved Inniss’ reaction to the opening goal and delighted for Albie to the get second. Feel he gets too much stick. Add on superb performances from Burstow, Dobson and Gilbert and, yep, I went home happy. 
  • Options
    Looked like Adkins was back in charge 1st half. We looked unbalanced and lacked movement. Far too much space given to Fleetwood but they weren’t good enough to take advantage. Marginally better second half. Not sure what Purrington and Gilbey have done wrong to be left out again, when the likes of DJ and Lee are consistently under performing.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    The words “he’ll never score for us” had barely left
    my lips when Morgan buried the second. 
    My son was the same, well done Albie, hope he likes the feeling and does it again
  • Options
    2-0 home win, clean sheet, both goals scored by academy products. What more can you ask for?
    creative passing football and more goals  for £23 please
    Brilliant.

Probably best chucking that money towards your Sky subscription and not coming to League One games if that's where your expectations are.
  • Options
    I do question how I’ve become such a miserable person, but here it goes…

first half was very worrying. We could have been 4 down, the shape just didn’t fit or click and if they had anything about them they would have killed the game. You know there’s no confidence when you get repeated plays of centre halves / defensive midfielder triangles and all we were doing was Inniss to Famewo, to Dobson, to Clare, to Dobson, to Inniss etc.

We scored at a good time, but Fleetwood then had another decent period of play. The late goal killed it and meant crucially everyone went home on a high. If it had stayed 1-0 then that would have been the biggest ‘non plus’ win I could ever remember.

Famewo and Clare had poor games, really struggled with players running at them. CBT was completely lost for the first half hour, Dobson largely carrying the midfield with Lee / Morgan doing nowhere near enough until Albie’s strong finish. 

I’d forget just how many needless, completely unnecessary cards Chuks picks up.

Plusses, we won. It was desperately needed. Great the two homegrown got on the scoresheet, hope it gives both a lift. The keeper looked very steady, Dobson continues to impress, Gilbey made a positive difference when he come on. 

Shame because Thomas is in town we have to bang our his shit song at the final whistle. Really triggers me, even if they can’t hear it in the North Upper, the rest of us certainly can.

instant high of late goal + winning now faded off. I’m no football snob but I’m starting to get really fed up us looking no better than some tiny clubs with minuscule budgets, whose hundred fans are just happy to be playing with a 50p bag of multicoloured balloons and a toilet roll. 

Roll on next season. 
    Stroppy of Sidcup 
    You’re going to get two extra trains an hour later this year, going to Victoria to boot. That ought to make you ecstatic if you’re proper Charlton.
  • Options
    With Morecambe winning it was essential that we got the win. Home form continues to be strong which is vital as we are painfully poor away from home.

Opening 30 mins were painful. In professional wrestling they would say it stunk the place out, as it was that bad. We dominated from then onwards. Even though, we are only 6 points above relegation zone, we have too much quality to be anywhere near bottom 4 at end of the season.

Impressive performances by Morgan, Burstow and Innis. It allowed us to give Washington, Gilbey and Pearce a rest. Overall, a much needed win. Lots of squad have 6 months to prove that they deserve a longer contract with the club.
  • Options
    21,811? LOL
    What is the point of this nonsense?
    I know it's been years now, but when did we stop declaring the actual numbers through the turnstiles in favour of this fantasy shit.
    Hard to be accurate but my best guess at yesterday's actual attendance was 13,000
    The club could choose to declare both numbers
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Poor for most of the 1st half, better in the 2nd.

The players are simply not doing what they did at first for Jacko in terms of playing further up the field starting most of the time with the ball with Dobson  We seem to have reverted back to the Adkins nonsense of playing it around the back and then looking for the hoof ball. Just play it into Dobson and start from there

Morgan last 2 games has really put himself about a lot more, makes a big difference as the talent is there. 

Another indifference performance from Lee but some are too quick to right him off in the same way too may people were praising him above his levels when playing well.  He is a loanee from Luton he will be inconsistent but so far they have been more plusses than minus with him
  • Options
    Anyone else spot that water bottle thrown after the disallowed goal? It nearly hit Mason Burstow.
    I hope the security cameras spotted who threw it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    21,811? LOL
    I know it's been years now, but when did we stop declaring the actual numbers through the turnstiles in favour of this fantasy shit.
    Hard to be accurate but my best guess at yesterday's actual attendance was 13,000
    My guess was around 17-18,000.
    From the NWQ the AC stand definitely looked fuller than usual. 
    If my guess is about right the ticket promotion worked as I would say that's probably 3,000 more than we would have got.
  • Options
    21,811? LOL
    If my guess is about right the ticket promotion worked as I would say that's probably 3,000 more than we would have got.
    Fuller yes, but no where near full.  Based on my view from the covered end upper I would say about 15,000 inside the ground at best
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    21,811? LOL
    Fuller yes, but no where near full.  Based on my view from the covered end upper I would say about 15,000 inside the ground at best
    Which is why I said fuller rather than full.
  • Options
    On that front, the three walkers who gave a fleetwood kid a kicking by the buses after the game until they got shouted off,, the video of you guys bragging about it on the walk up the road to the A102 roundabout is with the police. 

Not that anything will come of it but, if you are reading this, you’re a fucking disgrace. 
    If a group of Charlton fans attacked a young Fleetwood fan they are vile evil nasty bastards who bring shame on us.
    Glad to hear some Charlton fans intervened, wish I had been there.
    Would be great if those violent Charlton fans could be identified and banned with immediate effect.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    21,811? LOL
    Which is why I said fuller rather than full.
    Sorry I did mean not come across as arsey as what it looks

I was just trying to make a more general point that some people (not yourself) badly overestimate the number of people inside the ground
  • Options
    21,811? LOL
    As far as I'm aware, we've never declared actual numbers, only sales. So the answer to your question we have never stopped declaring actual numbers because we never started.
  • Options
    21,811? LOL
    As far as I'm aware, we've never declared actual numbers, only sales. So the answer to your question we have never stopped declaring actual numbers because we never started.
    Where it becomes a nonsense, is when unused freebies are also counted. It makes the official gate a fantasy number