Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Fleetwood Town | Saturday 22nd January 2022

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    A manager and his prodigy

• Options
    21,811? LOL
    What is the point of this nonsense?
    I know it's been years now, but when did we stop declaring the actual numbers through the turnstiles in favour of this fantasy shit.
    Hard to be accurate but my best guess at yesterday's actual attendance was 13,000
    As far as I'm aware, we've never declared actual numbers, only sales. So the answer to your question we have never stopped declaring actual numbers because we never started.
    Sorry mate but that's rubbish.
    In the old days there were no "sales" other than season tickets, as you basically paid by cash at the turnstiles.
    As far as I am aware each turnstile click registered a number which could be totalled with the others for an attendance figure.
    (Except when we chose to declare a false lower number for whatever nefarious reason, but that's another story)
    Ok, since we returned to the valley we've never given actual numbers through the turnstiles. I worked on the turnstiles in the 90s and we never took cash for any league, FA cup or League cup game, so those figures were always based on sales.

Now there may have been actual attendances given in the 70s and before, but never since the return*

*Apart from the odd reserve game or youth cup game played at the valley
    So we stopped declaring actual numbers in the 90's? (Not never as you previously insisted).
    I suppose the club has it's reasons for declaring the 'tickets sold' figure, but I think the real through-the-turnstile numbers would be much more revealing. Those are the figures I'd rather know.
    Agree.  I’m sure that the actual number must be known for safety reasons.  I always thought the ‘tickets sold’ figure was a standard reporting number for all clubs for tax/VAT reasons, but I don’t know why they would include comps/freebies unless we are liable for tax on those.  That’s why I thought there was a culture of under-reporting from some clubs in mainly cash turnstile days as a tax dodge.  Doubly so for cup games when oppo and FA take a cut - makes you wonder what the true record Villa attendance really was
  • Options
    Just got back home, after another bloody long day.. thanks to the traffic..again.
    First half was pretty poor, but the last 10 minutes or so we came into it a bit more.
    Second half was much better, but that wasn't difficult.
    Dobson was excellent again, and I thought CBT had a good 2nd half, Washington made a difference when he came on as did Gilbey.
    It's 3 points,  we've stopped the losing run and hopefully one or two new players will come in this week
    Weekend not ruined and that's better than the last few to be honest.

Why not get the train RM ? (Outrageous cost ?)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We've beaten Fleetwood 2-0 at home on Division Three in a match that, in its better moments, was dire.

As someone almost said about 40 years ago: "just rejoice at that news and congratulate our players and the Management".

Well done to Albie and Mason for their goals, well done to Albie for putting some free kicks and corners into the box that were threatening for once.

Well done to the Mountain Inniss for the towering header back across goal (from an Albie free kick) for Mason to nod home.

I hope today's win doesn't cause too many people, especially in and around the club, to start blowing smoke up the collective freckle because that was not a very good performance. The second half was better than the first but it would have been difficult to be worse.

Lee's ineffectiveness has been commented on a fair bit in recent weeks and it's rather irksome that he gets the songs from the Cupboard End whereas the likes of the Hoover Dobson (he'll clear up any oppo attack) gets bugger all.

Not a lot else to say really. The three points are welcome but the performance left a lot to be desired.

Hopefully we'll see a decent team on Tuesday night and then it's the bright lights of Monday Night Football. Can't wait.
    I don't mean to be rude but do you have "pet" names for all of our players or just these two ?
  • Options
    Crap performance first half because our only tactic was for innis and Famewo to keep passing the ball back and forth to each other and allow the opposing players to press us back. Started to go forward second half and eventually it paid off. 
  • Options
    Looks like he is intoxicated at a wedding making a fool of himself as we all have done at some point. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    crowd was very healthy albeit there weren't much to sing about - id say about 16k and given that fleetwood had about 100 that's pretty good for a non event league 1 game 
    Gate given as nearly 22,000. 
    Not the gate, just the tickets provided for the game. We don't give gate figures for some reason, but it would be good to know how many actual attendees we have.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    crowd was very healthy albeit there weren't much to sing about - id say about 16k and given that fleetwood had about 100 that's pretty good for a non event league 1 game 
    yes, thanks - but we know thats tickets issued not bums on seats / gate - a good crowd - i think the fans ae responding / doing their bit, just need some sustained success on the pitch now and the Valley will fill up, no problem 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    yes, thanks - but we know thats tickets issued not bums on seats / gate - a good crowd - i think the fans ae responding / doing their bit, just need some sustained success on the pitch now and the Valley will fill up, no problem 
    7th home league game under Jackson. Only concerned 2 goals. Except from the second half of Wycombe which was frustrating as anything, don’t think anyone can argue that the matches have been boring.

I know it’s all if and buts, we’ve got 24 points under Jacko in 14 matches. Oxford were 6th with 24 points after 14 matches. We are definitely improving, not quick enough to compete this season, but we have a settled core of the side. Aneke and Innis have played back to back 90mins in a row. 

Atmosphere has been good when the crowd finally get something to get behind. You would hope people will want to come back as they’ve seen some good games since the initiative have been offered.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    7th home league game under Jackson. Only concerned 2 goals. Except from the second half of Wycombe which was frustrating as anything, don’t think anyone can argue that the matches have been boring.

I know it’s all if and buts, we’ve got 24 points under Jacko in 14 matches. Oxford were 6th with 24 points after 14 matches. We are definitely improving, not quick enough to compete this season, but we have a settled core of the side. Aneke and Innis have played back to back 90mins in a row. 

Atmosphere has been good when the crowd finally get something to get behind. You would hope people will want to come back as they’ve seen some good games since the initiative have been offered.
    I'd say the first half on Saturday was boring and killed the crowd but other than that, i'd agree, Just hope stockley gets fit soon as I think he makes a massive difference to us 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Looks like he is intoxicated at a wedding making a fool of himself as we all have done at some point. 

Let's not make a big deal, as this was from Friday afternoon and he poured most of it over his head; when you miss your mouth, that's what I call a drink problem.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    What was the crowd? 
    It was a lot of people gathered together in one place.