Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Fleetwood Town | Saturday 22nd January 2022

Comments

• Options
    PWR.  So is everything alright again?  
  • Options
    Really poor game of football but thought Innis was excellent defensively and Dobson the best player on the pitch yet again. Thought CBT did well for about 10 mins at the beginning of the 2nd half but apart from that our wide players looked lost again. 
    The wide players aren’t helped by the lack of an overlapping full-back. It is an inherent problem with wing-backs. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I hate to say it, but I hope we don't put out a full strength side for the PJT. It's not where our focus should be.
    They should stick with the bit-part players who’ve got us this far and play first-teamers to fill the gaps. 
  • Options
    We won
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fqp3FFiKKZk

Shame YouTube short links don't embed like normal YouTube videos do.

Above clip is someone's recording of Burstow's goal from the West Upper.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    There does need to be a look in the final 5 months at the state of the squad and the quality within it. 

Hopefully the recruitment team can see the same thing as the rest of us, on the whole we are a very poor football team with little hope of getting promoted with these players. 
  • Options
    I do think a breather at times probably does no harm @AFKABartram. My guess is that you've had a season ticket for many years. 

Completely agree that we need to be a club playing on the front foot more - sadly, the last time we did that was with a real quality axis to the team. Bauer-Cullen-Taylor were more than just, quite good at this level. In fact, none of them have returned to L1 since moving on.

If you think Chuks enjoys an unnecessary yellow card, just wait until him and Stockley are both back. Both probably couldn't be any more different but have the same temper! 
  • Options
    I do question how I’ve become such a miserable person, but here it goes…

first half was very worrying. We could have been 4 down, the shape just didn’t fit or click and if they had anything about them they would have killed the game. You know there’s no confidence when you get repeated plays of centre halves / defensive midfielder triangles and all we were doing was Inniss to Famewo, to Dobson, to Clare, to Dobson, to Inniss etc.

We scored at a good time, but Fleetwood then had another decent period of play. The late goal killed it and meant crucially everyone went home on a high. If it had stayed 1-0 then that would have been the biggest ‘non plus’ win I could ever remember.

Famewo and Clare had poor games, really struggled with players running at them. CBT was completely lost for the first half hour, Dobson largely carrying the midfield with Lee / Morgan doing nowhere near enough until Albie’s strong finish. 

I’d forget just how many needless, completely unnecessary cards Chuks picks up.

Plusses, we won. It was desperately needed. Great the two homegrown got on the scoresheet, hope it gives both a lift. The keeper looked very steady, Dobson continues to impress, Gilbey made a positive difference when he come on. 

Shame because Thomas is in town we have to bang our his shit song at the final whistle. Really triggers me, even if they can’t hear it in the North Upper, the rest of us certainly can.

instant high of late goal + winning now faded off. I’m no football snob but I’m starting to get really fed up us looking no better than some tiny clubs with minuscule budgets, whose hundred fans are just happy to be playing with a 50p bag of multicoloured balloons and a toilet roll. 

Roll on next season. 
    Stroppy of Sidcup 
    Very much how I feel.

At the moment, unless we have a really cracking transfer window in the summer where we bring in 5/6 players who are clearly head and shoulders above other players in this league, I just can’t see a pathway to promotion with the current set up. 
    I heard PATHWAY TO PROMOTION is going to be TS new single, a bit of an ode to that other rock classic stairway to heaven🤘🏻
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Just noticed that Mason was in an offside position when the free kick was played in.

• Options
    Happy with the win
    Surprised by the amount of unhappiness on here.

COYR
    LLLBH
  • Options
    edited January 2022

first half was very worrying. We could have been 4 down, the shape just didn’t fit or click and if they had anything about them they would have killed the game. You know there’s no confidence when you get repeated plays of centre halves / defensive midfielder triangles and all we were doing was Inniss to Famewo, to Dobson, to Clare, to Dobson, to Inniss etc.

We scored at a good time, but Fleetwood then had another decent period of play. The late goal killed it and meant crucially everyone went home on a high. If it had stayed 1-0 then that would have been the biggest ‘non plus’ win I could ever remember.

Famewo and Clare had poor games, really struggled with players running at them. CBT was completely lost for the first half hour, Dobson largely carrying the midfield with Lee / Morgan doing nowhere near enough until Albie’s strong finish. 

Plusses, we won. It was desperately needed. Great the two homegrown got on the scoresheet, hope it gives both a lift. The keeper looked very steady, Dobson continues to impress, Gilbey made a positive difference when he come on. 

Shame because Thomas is in town we have to bang our his shit song at the final whistle. Really triggers me, even if they can’t hear it in the North Upper, the rest of us certainly can.

instant high of late goal + winning now faded off. I’m no football snob but I’m starting to get really fed up us looking no better than some tiny clubs with minuscule budgets, whose hundred fans are just happy to be playing with a 50p bag of multicoloured balloons and a toilet roll. 

Roll on next season. 
    Stroppy of Sidcup 
    Very much how I feel.

At the moment, unless we have a really cracking transfer window in the summer where we bring in 5/6 players who are clearly head and shoulders above other players in this league, I just can’t see a pathway to promotion with the current set up. 
    Not happening, we've already got the spine of our team apparently. 

So many average players in this squad.
  • Options
    Just noticed that Mason was in an offside position when the free kick was played in.

Inactive 1st phase!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    paulfox said:

Roll on next season. 
    Stroppy of Sidcup 
    Very much how I feel.

I heard PATHWAY TO PROMOTION is going to be TS new single, a bit of an ode to that other rock classic stairway to heaven🤘🏻
    Let's hope so because that'll mean that he's 'buying a pathway to promotion.'

It makes me wonder.
  • Options
    paulfox said:

Roll on next season. 
    Stroppy of Sidcup 
    Very much how I feel.

Let's hope so because that'll mean that he's 'buying a pathway to promotion.'

It makes me wonder.
    Like it!!, I’ll set em up, you knock em over.😂👍
  • Options

Thought that was very clever play and poss planned ahead, he stood well offside and clearly knew what he was doing. Dropped off for the header back and starting position prob helped him to stay free for it.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    The bbc website records a 5 man midfield … what was the formation ?
     Same as usual.

3-5-2 with Dobson in the holding role.

MacGillivray
    Clare Dobson Famewo
    Jaiyesimi Morgan Dobson Lee B.Taylor
    Burstow Aneke

• Options
    The bbc website records a 5 man midfield … what was the formation ?
    Awful first half, much better second.

• Options
    I'm probably in a minority, but I really don't understand all the excitment and singing songs for Elliott Lee. Personally, I think he's bang average, with no end product and I'd be disappointed if we were to sign him permanently

• Options
    hermann said:

Thought that was very clever play and poss planned ahead, he stood well offside and clearly knew what he was doing. Dropped off for the header back and starting position prob helped him to stay free for it.
    You see it happen elsewhere but usually the forward will make more of an effort to get back onside, just in case it gets flagged… thankfully for us it wasn’t this time.

Not completely familiar with the current offside rule and whether he is deemed active or inactive, or whether he is gaining an advantage from his positioning…
  • Options
    What was the crowd?