Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nile John - progress for Spurs p9

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2022
    jakecafc said:
    We signed Gallagher at the beginning of the season when we had something to play for. We won't go down or up so it's pointless.
    I think the players share your attitude, might explain why they've been so shit
  • Options
    Would have preferred a signing with a more exotic name to be honest.  
  • Options
    Would have preferred a signing with a more exotic name to be honest.  
    Quite, someone in their prime like Amazon.
  • Options
    Tottenham Twitter consensus:
    Should be at someone better than Charlton (championship).

Which is both offensive and eye raising all at once.    
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    He's a good prospect.  Seen him 3-4 times.  From memory, he came on as a sub in the Europa League last season so he's been around the 1st team squad for a while now.
    No doubt he needs games though.

Has been touted last six months as the player that Spurs want to bring through into the first team, along with Markanday (who ironically has just been sold to Blackburn).

Want to see Harvey White and Dane Scarlett go out on loan, both have got something about them.  
    Any insight into his style of play? A playmaker/creator or more the type to run with the ball and have a shot? Either would be welcome right now. 
  • Options
    Can we loan Chris Powell back as well?
    His legs have gone
  • Options
    "hey look we're doing something" signing.

Hope to be proved wrong but in my head he's already in the Smith, Smith & Levitt wing of loanees
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hoping lee and Keko go back not good enough there Foam as gone in the last 2 months plus I don’t think  They woo to be here 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Hoping lee and Keko go back not good enough there Foam as gone in the last 2 months plus I don’t think  They woo to be here 
    ?
  • Options
    Wow, I don’t think we would have got him without the help from Chris Powell. Fantastic signing.
  • Options
    cazo said:
    I’ll have a pint of what you’re drinking mate 🍻😉.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    If this is a try before you buy then fine. If it’s just Spuds getting some game time for a young reserve then it’s a waste of time unless the lad is a) substantially better than Lee, Leko or Albie and b) motivated enough to really give a shit for six months. May also allow any of the aforementioned threesome to foxtrot Oscar during this window although I doubt it. 
  • Options
    Must be a variation of these lyrics we could use:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    His legs have gone
    I'd be happy with his head in a jar to be honest, as long as he's around the place
  • Options
    If this is a try before you buy then fine. If it’s just Spuds getting some game time for a young reserve then it’s a waste of time unless the lad is a) substantially better than Lee, Leko or Albie and b) motivated enough to really give a shit for six months. May also allow any of the aforementioned threesome to foxtrot Oscar during this window although I doubt it. 
    He can hardly be any worse to hear some tell it!
  • Options
    Must be a variation of these lyrics we could use:

On seconds thoughts, perhaps not. My ST is in the Covered End proper. Don’t want the Covered End wannabes in the upper north po-going up and down above us 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    He's a good prospect.  Seen him 3-4 times.  From memory, he came on as a sub in the Europa League last season so he's been around the 1st team squad for a while now.
    No doubt he needs games though.

Has been touted last six months as the player that Spurs want to bring through into the first team, along with Markanday (who ironically has just been sold to Blackburn).

Want to see Harvey White and Dane Scarlett go out on loan, both have got something about them.  
    Thought White looked quite a tidy player when I watched him play for Spurs in the FA Cup. He made 20 or so appearances for Portsmouth last season, scoring the only goal in a win at Oxford. Sparrows Lane and The Valley are also much nearer than north London for a lad from Maidstone!

• Options
    His legs have gone
    Perfect
  • Options
    The sad state of affairs is we need players to keep us the right side of the relegation line.  Would rather loan players we have a chance of buying which seems unlikely in this case but needs must I guess.  Hope he does well.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Valley11 said:
    Meh
    Genuinely don’t get this.  We’re a mid table league one outfit, working to a budget and Jan is a notoriously tough time to bring in quality on loan, let alone on a permanent.  Not saying this lad will be the answer to our prayers, but comes from a Prem team where he has been given a few run outs and most importantly, he will prove to be competition for a number of players who haven’t been contributing in midfield and hopefully give them a kick up the backside 

Gilbey - no end product
    Lee - no end product 
    Leko - not showing the right sort of hunger or desire and been poor imo.  

Lee and Leko probably playing for a contract next season, let’s see if this lights a fire up their backsides.  Gilbey, for all the talk of his forward runs, 2 goals this season.  

I’m not doing cartwheels, but we need more options and this about the level we’re at in terms of who we can bring in.  

Keen to see what he can do 
    If he does really well this season, we're still not gonna get promoted. He's then going to get a champ move, and this short loan has been pointless. We're not in any other better position, and have just given game time to a player that's not even ours.