Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nile John - progress for Spurs p9

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Valley11 said:
    Meh
    Genuinely don’t get this.  We’re a mid table league one outfit, working to a budget and Jan is a notoriously tough time to bring in quality on loan, let alone on a permanent.  Not saying this lad will be the answer to our prayers, but comes from a Prem team where he has been given a few run outs and most importantly, he will prove to be competition for a number of players who haven’t been contributing in midfield and hopefully give them a kick up the backside 

Gilbey - no end product
    Lee - no end product 
    Leko - not showing the right sort of hunger or desire and been poor imo.  

Lee and Leko probably playing for a contract next season, let’s see if this lights a fire up their backsides.  Gilbey, for all the talk of his forward runs, 2 goals this season.  

I’m not doing cartwheels, but we need more options and this about the level we’re at in terms of who we can bring in.  

Keen to see what he can do 
    If he does really well this season, we're still not gonna get promoted. He's then going to get a champ move, and this short loan has been pointless. We're not in any other better position, and have just given game time to a player that's not even ours. 
    Maybe it will show us what type of player we are going to need to recruit in the summer, even if he is out of reach. 
  • Options
    Should be the goalscoring force in midfield that we’ve missed. Welcome Nile.
    hope so but i've just watched 6 minutes of that 9 minute hilight clip and he didn't score a goal or set a goal up and i think he had 1 shot - looks a useful addition though - very mobile   
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Why can't we give one of our promising young midfielders a go rather than loan and help someone else's. Our season is over, signings like this are pointless.
    If he's good then we have a very realistic chance of getting him back next year. Although we're 99% likely to finish mid table, I still want my team to do well and finish the season strong. I suspect due to his England youth pedigree he is better than one of our 'promising young midfielders' too.
  • Options
    Well rated by my spurs mates. 
  • Options
    As he's nowhere near the spurs team I would hope it gives us a chance to see what he can do with a view to loaning him for next season. 
    Good luck kid.
    exactly this - same with the Chelsea wing back i would guess 
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Why can't we give one of our promising young midfielders a go rather than loan and help someone else's. Our season is over, signings like this are pointless.
    Perhaps JJ is reluctant to drop a youngster in to a poorly performing team, it could set their development back a very long time if not permanently?
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    If he's good then we have a very realistic chance of getting him back next year. Although we're 99% likely to finish mid table, I still want my team to do well and finish the season strong. I suspect due to his England youth pedigree he is better than one of our 'promising young midfielders' too.
    If he is pulling up trees here though why would Spurs not send him a league up, exactly what happened with Millar and Maatsen? 
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Your talking rubbish mate ! I think we should be giving Albie another 100 or so games to see if he picks it up !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does he pass the Charlton height test ? 
  • Options
    Good luck to Nile with the move to Cafc men and also Amazon who has just signed for the Cafc Woman's team. You should both go far as long as you don't meander.
  • Options
    Yes. He's a Long John!
  • Options
    Proof of the pudding is in the eating... He looks a good prospect ..lets see what he can do
  • Options
    Good luck to the lad.
    Indeed supporters can see with their own eyes with a little attention, how he might compare to our youngsters in the U23’s. Like Chin, or Henry.
    Further assessment can be made by seeing what John is like compared to our U18’s on February 9th.
    To my mind our young players would want to see that John is pretty special.
    We shall see.
  • Options
    We are only 6 points off the relegation zone with 57 points to play for.  We are no where near safe mathematically or speculatively.

Anything that makes our squad stronger to avoid that fate is welcome particularly as I wouldn't trust the fate of the season in the current team's hands especially factoring in injuries and those out of contract players looking at next season elsewhere.
    Having watched the two poor performances up North in the last fortnight, I couldn’t agree more Rodders 👍
  • Options
    So, it's been reported that Nile has signed and we know the source. Can't wait to see him play on the live stream.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I mean I hate being negative towards any signing but come on am 18 year old with absolute no experience on loan in a position where we have our own young talent to develop in a season where we are going nowhere , why ? Just why?
    Maybe he is better than our 18 year olds?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Yes. He's a Long John!

If the planets had aligned at the right time and Stacy Long was with us we could have had Long John Dasilva

Not forgetting Dean Parrett, Rodders.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I mean I hate being negative towards any signing but come on am 18 year old with absolute no experience on loan in a position where we have our own young talent to develop in a season where we are going nowhere , why ? Just why?
    Conor Gallagher?
  • Options
    After seeing Ben Watson's old legs struggle the other night it's good to see more young legs come into the squad. Hopefully Nile John have more about him than a myriad of Matt Smith's.
  • Options
    Quite like the sound of this kid. Hope he does well and wants to come back on loan next season.
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Not really much chance he'll be here next season. There are realistically 2 scenarios:

1. He does well, in which case Spurs will almost certainly look to step him up and loan him to the championship next season.

2. He's pretty average and then we won't really want him back next season.
  • Options
    And Mick Everett gave him a lift to the training ground … Welcome Nile 

• Options
    If we are signing an 18 year old on loan to make sure we don't get relegated heaven help us. 

If its with a view to getting him back next season brilliant. 

If its to do spurs a favour meh. 

Hopefully he pulls up a few trees and is a key part of our 22/23 promotion winning team, keeps us up in 23/24 after signing on a perm then flog him for £100 million to Real Madrid to fund our 24/25 promotion bid.

5 year plan, simples. 
  • Options
    We are only 6 points off the relegation zone with 57 points to play for.  We are no where near safe mathematically or speculatively.

Anything that makes our squad stronger to avoid that fate is welcome particularly as I wouldn't trust the fate of the season in the current team's hands especially factoring in injuries and those out of contract players looking at next season elsewhere.
    Agree.  And, he may make us better.  If he comes in and does well it will be good to watch, given how poor the current lot are