Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nile John - progress for Spurs p9

Comments

• Options
    We've had loan players in the squad every season for as long as I can remember

Would be nice to be able to build our own squad without having to rely on other clubs players

But it rarely happens anymore.
  • Options
    Great young lad with a point to prove to Spurs. Also now we can use 5 subs it gives room in the match day squad to try him out. 
  • Options
    Loans, loans and more loans. What about building a team properly. 
    This.

More rebuilding in the summer. Just like last year. And the year before. I thought Gallen said that he'd had enough of churning 10-12 players every summer. 
    Signing permanent players in January is generally very difficult, as prices are hiked up and there is little time to get the deal done. The rebuilding will continue, because you can't undo the short-termism of the Duchalet regime in one or two windows.

Overall the business since then has been more long term focused (DJ, Stockley, Kirk, MacG, Lavelle, and Aneke) all multi year deals. Kirk obviously hasn't worked out, but the point is they are trying to build for the future.

Loans are a part of life for all teams at this level, it is a lot cheaper to bring in a loan player for one season than a permanent player, and there is a lot less risk.
    Loans may be part of life for teams at thus level but why do we have to be taking on 18 & 19 year old kids who've not got any league experience........especially against league 1 cloggers.

If we must bring players in on loan I'd much prefer someone of Stockley's age & experience who is out of favour at his parent club & want a move away. 

That a fair point, but then we'd sign people like Lee, believe we've found the second coming of Christ after 5 games and then after 10 games, the bastard child of Millwall and Palace parentage. 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Would Ipswich, Rotherham, Wigan or Sunderland have signed him? No.
    We will know come the end of the season
  • Options
    I thought that TS said about getting some good young players on loan
  • Options
    Looks like he can find a pass, picks the ball up very deep, will only improve us if the rest of them decide to run into space
  • Options
    My spurs contacts are telling me not to get excited. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loans, loans and more loans. What about building a team properly. 
    This.

More rebuilding in the summer. Just like last year. And the year before. I thought Gallen said that he'd had enough of churning 10-12 players every summer. 
    Signing permanent players in January is generally very difficult, as prices are hiked up and there is little time to get the deal done. The rebuilding will continue, because you can't undo the short-termism of the Duchalet regime in one or two windows.

Overall the business since then has been more long term focused (DJ, Stockley, Kirk, MacG, Lavelle, and Aneke) all multi year deals. Kirk obviously hasn't worked out, but the point is they are trying to build for the future.

Loans are a part of life for all teams at this level, it is a lot cheaper to bring in a loan player for one season than a permanent player, and there is a lot less risk.
    Oh, yes, the regime that signed us players like Bauer, Taylor and got Cullen on loan.

I like TS far far more as a person, but I have no more confidence of him bringing success.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Would Ipswich, Rotherham, Wigan or Sunderland have signed him? No.
    And you would know that how?
    Because they didn't?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    loaning young premier league quality helped us get promoted 3 years ago and would have helped us stay there if the rug wasn't pulled from under bowyer by esi - its part of the modern game and obviously we are going back to that formula as opposed to last summer's efforts - we need to get out of this division any which way we can and then worry about a long term structure - he will add legs, strength and an ability to go past people in the centre of the pitch - something we are badly lacking  
    Both Cullen & Bielik had been loaned out before so had some experience of this league & playing men's football. 
  • Options
    Looks like he can find a pass, picks the ball up very deep, will only improve us if the rest of them decide to run into space
    And they give him the ball. Most likely it will be going over his head as Famewo launches another 50 yard diagonal.
  • Options
    Well if they are anything like our supporters they won't have seen him play either!
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    He's a good prospect.  Seen him 3-4 times.  From memory, he came on as a sub in the Europa League last season so he's been around the 1st team squad for a while now.
    No doubt he needs games though.

Has been touted last six months as the player that Spurs want to bring through into the first team, along with Markanday (who ironically has just been sold to Blackburn).

Want to see Harvey White and Dane Scarlett go out on loan, both have got something about them.  
    Think we were interested but the potential deal was scuppered because he wanted to be made captain:

No fitness or injury worries with this one.

I've heard he's indestructible.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    loaning young premier league quality helped us get promoted 3 years ago and would have helped us stay there if the rug wasn't pulled from under bowyer by esi - its part of the modern game and obviously we are going back to that formula as opposed to last summer's efforts - we need to get out of this division any which way we can and then worry about a long term structure - he will add legs, strength and an ability to go past people in the centre of the pitch - something we are badly lacking  
    Both Cullen & Bielik had been loaned out before so had some experience of this league & playing men's football. 
    Gallagher didn’t and the fella from Chelsea has - in theory no different 
  • Options
    Is this kid better than say James Henry or Karoy Anderson? If not then why aren’t we blooding our own into the team? 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Wow, they must know more about football than Chris Powell.

Which head has SCP got on his Charlton legend and Jackson's mate/mentor/father figure or his actual job?

Hopefully the answer is both but Nicky Butt, who is Bowyer's mate, said great things about Levitt as well.

Football, like life, is full of "mates" doing people favours whilst laughing behind their backs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedRobin said:
    Is this kid better than say James Henry or Karoy Anderson? If not then why aren’t we blooding our own into the team? 
    Aaron Henry ? 
  • Options
    At least he isn’t Nile Ranger - that would have been a disastrous signing
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Wow, they must know more about football than Chris Powell.

Which head has SCP got on his Charlton legend and Jackson's mate/mentor/father figure or his actual job?

Hopefully the answer is both but Nicky Butt, who is Bowyer's mate, said great things about Levitt as well.

Football, like life, is full of "mates" doing people favours whilst laughing behind their backs. 
    You've clearly forgotten the mantra ...

In SCP we trust.
  • Options
    Well Chris, what you in think of Nile?

John, the Nile runs deep, floods through and over defences when the timing is on, and basically can feed several countries. Of course the way he plays there’s the odd drought, but I can honestly say in all the time I’ve worked with the Nile I’ve never sen a plague of locusts.

Thanks Chris we’ll take him. When can he do his medical? 

Oh John, you mean Nile John? Tomorrow, he’s been winding me up so much with his sense of planetary significance I’ll drop him off meself.
  • Options
    Thomas probably thought he was getting Nile Rodgers for jam session.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I mean I hate being negative towards any signing but come on am 18 year old with absolute no experience on loan in a position where we have our own young talent to develop in a season where we are going nowhere , why ? Just why?
    I TOTALLY agree with this. 
    Even if the kid scores and makes assists every game, the likelihood of actually being promoted this year (or even making the playoffs) is so remote we will be at exactly the same point as we were post Bielik, Gallagher et al which is ... We have a glaring hole in our midfield because the brilliant midfielder we had on loan had gone. 

Then what? Start again... Ad nauseum.... 
    Yep as I've said I'm all for signings like this at the start of the season, like Gallagher for example who was untested but they clearly had done their scouting and had we stayed up his goals would have been a big a factor in that. However it is a strange window for us and despite all the negative nelly's who think we are in a relegation scrap somehow it is clear as day we are going nowhere now this season already so now is the chance to try and build for next season. I have to say our recruitment has been very very poor not always the players themselves but the timing as been out a lot
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I mean I hate being negative towards any signing but come on am 18 year old with absolute no experience on loan in a position where we have our own young talent to develop in a season where we are going nowhere , why ? Just why?
    Who?
    "Who?"~ we obviously have our own young talent to develop. That's what we need to focus on. Get to 50 points (or whatever is necessary to stay up) and play the rest of the season blooding our own young players. Some may then be ready and hungry for a promotion push next season along with our seasoned pros. 

Or are the U18 and U23 squads playing a 6-0-4 system (ie with NO midfield!) 
    Go on then, who? 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    He's a good prospect.  Seen him 3-4 times.  From memory, he came on as a sub in the Europa League last season so he's been around the 1st team squad for a while now.
    No doubt he needs games though.

Has been touted last six months as the player that Spurs want to bring through into the first team, along with Markanday (who ironically has just been sold to Blackburn).

Want to see Harvey White and Dane Scarlett go out on loan, both have got something about them.  
    Think we were interested but the potential deal was scuppered because he wanted to be made captain:

No fitness or injury worries with this one.

I've heard he's indestructible.
    Too many strings attached to the deal.