Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nile John - progress for Spurs p9

Comments

• Options
    cazo said:
    Hoping lee and Keko go back not good enough there Foam as gone in the last 2 months plus I don’t think  They woo to be here 
    ?
    Form. Want. Pretty obvious.

Although we are light on foam, it must be admitted. 
  • Options
    "He's a box-to-box master and experts say he will deliver quality every time". 

I thought they were describing Father Christmas!! Or Amazon! 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    loaning young premier league quality helped us get promoted 3 years ago and would have helped us stay there if the rug wasn't pulled from under bowyer by esi - its part of the modern game and obviously we are going back to that formula as opposed to last summer's efforts - we need to get out of this division any which way we can and then worry about a long term structure - he will add legs, strength and an ability to go past people in the centre of the pitch - something we are badly lacking  
    Both Cullen & Bielik had been loaned out before so had some experience of this league & playing men's football. 
    Honestly now Golife....We are a league 1 team...players from prem teams will be sent here and this is the level to start there foray into mens football. 

Football snobbery at its peak....maybe we shouldnt be in league 1 with our infrastructure etc but unfortunately we are where we deserve to be. 

If we end up in the premiership and we still loaning inexperienced 18 year olds from Spurs then ill may share that sentiment. 
  • Options
    There's something odd with the blend of Chris Powell's positivity / being loved by Charlton fans / Charlton fans general negativity. 
  • Options
    I hope the lad does well and impresses Spurs.

SCP is trusting a youngster to do well and develop with us and that link and trust could be so important in helping us to recruit loan players from them in future, which could be key in getting us out of this league.

Sometimes you need to look at the big picture. I hope we all get behind the lad when he plays.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I mean I hate being negative towards any signing but come on am 18 year old with absolute no experience on loan in a position where we have our own young talent to develop in a season where we are going nowhere , why ? Just why?
    If he’s better than them then why not. I imagine he could also be here next season too if he does well. 
  • Options
    There are some ridiculously talented kids knocking around in the Premier league player farms. Hope he does well and am looking forward to seeing him and the Chelsea lad in action. As others have said, maybe these are with a view to getting them back next season? I'd love to have our own youngsters to play ahead of these guys, but maybe the current crop just aren't quite there yet? A bit of pace and energy is really needed in this team. We're way too pedestrian at the moment 
  • Options
    How many of our youngsters play for the England U19s and been involved in senior European football?

"Why are we signing good players when we have lesser players of our own!?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    ross1 said:
    Powell only sent him here to give him an excuse to come and watch games at The Valley  :D
  • Options
    SCP...I'll be proud of him wearing the red shirt ! 
  • Options
    I think we should sign Plymouth Parkway midfielder River Allen………

So that we can have a midfield of River Nile 🤭
  • Options
    How about this for negativity: The first three letters of his name, :/
  • Options
    How about this for negativity: The first three letters of his name, :/
    Oh no, you are your brother's brother!  :smile:

• Options
    what ia the point of this loan?

if Nile turns out to be good next season he will be at aChampionship team and won’t be part of our  squad 

if he’s not it’s no loss to Spurs  

if we are serious about going up next season ( I am expecting us to stay up this) we need to start looking at permanent players.

Said it on the Kirk thread but get Dempsey in, yes he’s been injured but he ran rings around us in the second half this season, although to be fair it was us under Adkins.

He reminds me of Kinsella, who Curbs identified as his leader at the start of our most successful period in the last 60+ years.

Belik, Cullen and Gallagher were exceptional loans and they are not the norm we have had so many duds over the past few seasons you would like we learn….we obviously don’t!! 

• Options

if Nile turns out to be good next season he will be at aChampionship team and won’t be part of our  squad 

if we are serious about going up next season ( I am expecting us to stay up this) we need to start looking at permanent players.

Said it on the Kirk thread but get Dempsey in, yes he’s been injured but he ran rings around us in the second half this season, although to be fair it was us under Adkins.

He reminds me of Kinsella, who Curbs identified as his leader at the start of our most successful period in the last 60+ years.

Belik, Cullen and Gallagher were exceptional loans and they are not the norm we have had so many duds over the past few seasons you would like we learn….we obviously don’t!! 

Who is to say that NJ will not turn out to be as good as them, why not wait and see
  • Options
    edited January 2022

ross1 said:

Who is to say that NJ will not turn out to be as good as them, why not wait and see
    If you read what I have said.  I have said if he turns out to be good we won’t get him next season.

If plays well for us ( and I truly hope he does as the rest have been abysmal apart from when they wanted to get Jackson the job) I  would imagine Spurs will want him in the Championship next season and even though I am the most optimistic Charlton fan I can’t see us being there. 

The Premier league clubs use the loans to improve their players and they don’t care about us. Gallagher is a good example of this so is Bielik who Arsenal got £10m for (well are owed) on his performances for us. 

My main point is endless loans of unknown players are not going to help us build a sustainable team that will be in the Premier league by season 2026/2027 as promised by TS…………
  • Options
    Harvey White also available for loan.  Go get him too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mmhhh another PL club that might not rush to loan a player to us in the immediate future. 
  • Options
    Does seem a bit of an odd loan now.  May still play a part in the run in but I am right in thinking he’s yet to play, even coming off the bench? 
  • Options
    Although it's unlikely to be bank busting, who actually pays this fella, especially as it seems he may not play. 
  • Options
    Do wonder if he was brought in with the idea of it being a mini trial- and could be signed, with castillo in summer on a free if both deemed good enough
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    cabbles said:
    Does seem a bit of an odd loan now.  May still play a part in the run in but I am right in thinking he’s yet to play, even coming off the bench? 
    Yes. It's like he's there because we feel he has to be more than anything. 
  • Options
    Castillo sort of makes sense when you consider Purrington is our only naturally left footed full/wing back after Souare has been bombed out.  But signing Fraser on top of having Gilbey and Lee and Morgan as attacking midfielders and then John, seems to be making a signing for the sake of it.

Granted, Morgan and Fraser may be considered players who sit a bit deeper, but John has to get in ahead of Lee and Gilbey.  Both weren’t playing well at the time and haven’t had great seasons, so I can see it from that logic.  However, on that basis, John should’ve been given a run out.  
  • Options
    As I said before this was not a "black box" identified loan that would improve us. This was a couple of pals (JJ & Chris Powell) having a chat on the phone and coming to an agreement to take a look at the kid.

CP even drove him to The Valley and posed for photos after dropping him off. 

Forget him being around the 1st team, aint gonna happen 
  • Options
    Thanks Mike that makes more sense now.
  • Options
    Thanks Mike that makes more sense now.
    Not saying its 100% accurate but when you look at the photos of JJ, CP and NJ at The Valley it certainly looks like CP wants him to experience life away from Spurs to further his development.