Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Promoted This Season?

Comments

• Options
    Oxford seem to be stuttering, I don't see them as promotion rivals now. I see us struggling to finish ahead of Pompey and Blackpool, Pompey have got a much easier run-in
  • Options
    Oxford's 10 game (ish) unbeaten run was all against bottom half teams.
    I thought they would falter when they had to play the better teams, the same as at the start of the season.
  • Options
    We need to display the form of champions in our remaining 9 games to even stand a chance. And that is not happening whatsoever. 
  • Options
    Think we'll begin to tail off now that the slim chance we had at play-offs is closing. Not that we were ever really in form to begin with. 
  • Options
    Out of the top 6 and teams below have games in hand. I can't see it happening now. Saturday's result did us in plus don't see this group of players caring enough either.  
  • Options
    Win play offs   0.5%
    losing finalists   0.75%
    losing semi finalists     3.75% 
    7th below     95%
  • Options
    Win play offs   0.5%
    losing finalists   0.75%
    7th below     95%
    You've changed your tune.
  • Options
    If we'd have seen out the win on Sat, there would have been a very different set of posts here...

One ridiculous goal can change so much

And we've had a few 

Fwiw... I haven't given up on playoffs 

6 wins from 9 could well do it. Not ready to give up quite yet. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    If we'd have seen out the win on Sat, there would have been a very different set of posts here...

One ridiculous goal can change so much

And we've had a few 

Fwiw... I haven't given up on playoffs 

6 wins from 9 could well do it. Not ready to give up quite yet. 
    In Nigel we trust!
    Sometimes miracles happen...
    The roller coaster may be waiting for CAFC!
  • Options
    Win play offs   0.5%
    losing finalists   0.75%
    7th below     95%
    Loving your precision, OohAah!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Win play offs   0.5%
    losing finalists   0.75%
    7th below     95%
    It’s a fact that @oohaahmortimer pores over spreadsheets for hours to come up with these stats. 
  • Options
    Win play offs   0.5%
    losing finalists   0.75%
    7th below     95%
    It’s a fact that @oohaahmortimer pores over spreadsheets for hours to come up with these stats.

Toilet sheets more like. 
  • Options
    All this focus of getting into the play-offs...

My concern would be that we would get absolutely spanked in one of the legs even if we made it. So it's a definite NO from what I've seen this season.
  • Options
    Are we ready for promotion this season? If we got it then another overhaul of the squad in a short time would be required.

Let's get things right and be more prepared when hopefully it happens.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Thomas keeps talking about putting building blocks in place, maybe recruitment does need a revisit / refresh or whatever you call it, he’s very ambitious and super positive which is not what we’ve been accustomed too, would be an amazing achievement if Nigel could do it this season, given how up and down we’ve been , signings in and out of the club and you know the rest.

Refreshing to hear an upbeat manager at last, hope he can gel with the players.
  • Options
    Looking at the league table this morning after last night's results, I just can't see the playoffs being achievable. 

It would have to be 1 hell of a run!!

I think we'll finish 8th or 9th 
  • Options
    Our defence, midfield and attack are all mid table at best. Anyone who holds out any hope for promotion is living in a dream world.
  • Options
    Our defence, midfield and attack are all mid table at best. Anyone who holds out any hope for promotion is living in a dream world.
    Promotion, there is more chance of Santa Claus being real.......................oh!
  • Options
    Who would have thought our hopes are all resting on a Nigel......

I think we'll come up short, but stranger things have happened. 

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Oxford seem to be stuttering, I don't see them as promotion rivals now. I see us struggling to finish ahead of Pompey and Blackpool, Pompey have got a much easier run-in
    Got to rely on Doncaster and Lincoln having similar stutters for me

Think we'll be fighting Pompey, Blackpool and Ipswich for the last three Play-Off places if they do.

I think its going to be a bridge too far but not going to stop hoping until its out of the question
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you look at our remaining fixtures there is still alot to play for when you consider we have the opportunity to take points from the teams above us. Hopefully Nige can work his positive black magic during the international break and we come back firing on all cylinders. Heres my forecast 

Doncaster away           Draw          1 Pt
    Lincoln Home              Win             3 Pts
    Sunderland Away         Loss           0 Pts
    Ipswich Home              Win             3 Pts
    Plymouth Away            Win             3 Points
    Peterborough Home    Win              3 Points
    Crewe Home                Win             3 Points
    Accrington Away          Win             3 Points
    Hull Home                   Draw            1 Point

TOTAL POINTS                            20

Will that get us into the playoffs ?
  • Options
    I have gone for a draw at Doncaster to allow for Bogle to obviously have a blinder and score a couple lol
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Sounds stupid, but I'd rather we lose our next 3 and just focus on next season. Drop the players who are off and promote some youth. Aint no way we are winning 9 from 12 Inc the playoffs anyway ! 
  • Options
     Norfolk in chance. 
  • Options
    The only thing that gives me hope is that we’re not in a group of four or five teams fighting for 6th place only, as it’s so tight at the top. 
    Lincoln, Doncaster, Blackpool, Pompey, Gillingham, Ipswich, Oxford, Accrington and Charlton are all in the shake up for fourth to sixth places. We’re apparently fifth in the form table and if (yes it’s a big ‘if’) we can keep that form going we’ll have a chance. 
    And if our Nige can figure out a way of sorting out the defence that’ll be a big plus. 
    If Sunderland can get an autos slot, then that’ll leave some relatively average teams in the play off places. 
    Problem is, we’re all too average ourselves, but if we scraped into a playoff final with Inniss and Famewo together again, and Washington firing alongside Chuks or Stockley who are both scoring consistently, then you never know. 
    It’s the hope that kills you.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    When you look at our remaining fixtures there is still alot to play for when you consider we have the opportunity to take points from the teams above us. Hopefully Nige can work his positive black magic during the international break and we come back firing on all cylinders. Heres my forecast 

I don't think we have won back to back games since October. 
    You have us winning 5 on the spin.
    Seriously not going to happen. 
  • Options
    If we'd hit the net more than we've hit the bar then it's possible we might have scraped into the play-offs but really can't see it now. Already looking forward to Nigel Adkins rebuilding the squad throughout the summer and a positive push for promotion next season.
  • Options
    AndyG said:

72 should do it, your 20 = 76. 

At the start of the season I predicted: 

Doncaster 1
    Lincoln 3
    Sunderland 0
    Ipswich 1
    Plymouth 3
    Peterborough1
    Crewe 3 *Postponed
    Accrington 3
    Hull 3 0
     That's 18 points and 74 total.

I can't now see us beating Hull. So we'll take 3 more off and it's a nervy 71pts to finish on. 
  • Options
    Are we mathematically safe from relegation yet?

NO - WIGAN CAN STILL ACHIEVE A POTENTIAL 64PTS!

But realistically yes we are safe unless we fail to get 8 points from 9 games. 

On realisation we have 9 games left, didn't some bloke love 9 game blocks?