Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• A free pint/drink would've been a nice gesture...
    Especially if it was in the River Ale House!
  • A free pint/drink would've been a nice gesture...
    That would have made a lot more sense than the 20% discount. 
  • I can't believe just how rank amateurish this drink voucher offer is.

I'm offended and I've not bought a season ticket. 

Just how many man hours went into the Ts&Cs?

Who on earth thought that this was a good idea? I simply can't believe that it was a Charlton supporter or a marketing person.

This who early bird incentive nonsense has back fired and I honestly think this is such a big clanger, the person responsible is, or at least should be close to being shown the door.

It's such a minor matter but it stinks and will piss off the most passionate supporters. 
  • edited July 2021
    shine166 said:
    Have they decided which game your guest gets to use the free ticket too ? 
    In some ways they actually have!

https://cafc.co.uk/uploads/98ecfe6975455555118f081df2b558a8

It’s only valid for silver games and "There is a limit of 500 free tickets that can be redeemed for each fixture"
    I get the silver category bit. But the rest of it is just stupidity of the highest order. One's friend cannot even sit in the same zone as the season ticket holder if they are in a higher (or lower?) cost zone! Surely the free ticket should have been for the same cost band as the season ticket? 
  • cafcfan said:
    shine166 said:

It’s only valid for silver games and "There is a limit of 500 free tickets that can be redeemed for each fixture"
    I get the silver category bit. But the rest of it is just stupidity of the highest order. One's friend cannot even sit in the same zone as the season ticket holder if they are in a higher (or lower?) cost zone! Surely the free ticket should have been for the same cost band as the season ticket? 
    Tbf there’s different T&Cs for each zone. That’s the zone 2 one so you get a free ticket for the same zone I think. 
  • Can’t wait to find out when I can use my 20% voucher. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    i wonder what happens in the event of an 'act of god / 'force majeure' and the drink cannot be purchased?????? 
    More to the point, as it's only 1 game....and it's the same game for everyone, what's the betting the queues will be longer than ever & the bars will run out of the product(s) that you can buy with the voucher.

Much easier having a voucher that you can redeem when you like. Not one ONE specific match. 
    The objective is not to make it easier for the fans to use the vouchers.
    The objective is to make it difficult, so they are not used.
    I truly dont believe anyone thinks this is true. If you do, then I can only assume that either you think the worst in everyone or know something us lesser mortals dont (about the club/finances/hierarchy).
  • cafcfan said:
    shine166 said:

Now THAT is absolutely crazy. Never seen anything so bonkers in all my life.

"Invite a friend to the game.....but be aware that they will be sitting in a different stand to you". 

No wonder TS is back in the country. He's not here to sign players but to sack staff. 
  • cafcfan said:
    shine166 said:

Tbf there’s different T&Cs for each zone. That’s the zone 2 one so you get a free ticket for the same zone I think. 
    I would hope so. Will just have to see what others say when they get their ST's through. 
  • Interesting one. I initially assumed the drink discount was a one-off and thought in that case it was a bit pathetic. I subsequently assumed from listening to other people that it must be every match.

It never occurred to me that the shop discount was a one-off and I think the club should have made that very clear. Not doing so looks like a deliberate attempt to mislead people, which is a bit shabby.

I doubt if any of the benefits had any effect on purchasing though. But in that case, why did they bother? 
    I assume it’s Wayne Mumford just chucking thing’s at the wall to see what sticks. 

9,000+ season tickets sold, vast majority are early-bird, indicates that he’s done his job very well. 
    They sold because of 

a) excitement at seeing live football again
    b) gratitude to Thomas for saving our club
    c) expectation that we will be really good this season

The freebies would have been a very very minor consideration
    I know, that was my point.

Regardless of logic and reason, on a piece of paper it will say we sold 7,000 odd early-bird season tickets after we introduced the incentives, even though they had no real impact. 

It’s something the commercial team will cheer about in the next review. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    i wonder what happens in the event of an 'act of god / 'force majeure' and the drink cannot be purchased?????? 
    More to the point, as it's only 1 game....and it's the same game for everyone, what's the betting the queues will be longer than ever & the bars will run out of the product(s) that you can buy with the voucher.

Much easier having a voucher that you can redeem when you like. Not one ONE specific match. 
    I truly dont believe anyone thinks this is true. If you do, then I can only assume that either you think the worst in everyone or know something us lesser mortals dont (about the club/finances/hierarchy).
    If the objective was to make it easier for fans & to use as many vouchers as possible, you would be able to use the voucher when you like.

If the objective is to discourage the use of vouchers, or try and increase ticket sales on unpopular dates, you allocate a mid week game 2 weeks before Xmas and say it can only be used for that game.

Surely it couldn't be more clear, how can you not understand?
  • edited July 2021
    DOUCHER said:

If the objective was to make it easier for fans & to use as many vouchers as possible, you would be able to use the voucher when you like.

If the objective is to discourage the use of vouchers, or try and increase ticket sales on unpopular dates, you allocate a mid week game 2 weeks before Xmas and say it can only be used for that game.

Surely it couldn't be more clear, how can you not understand?
    Because that takes a certain type of marketing person to actively want to piss off your customers. Its effectively like putting 2 fingers up to the fans.....and I for one would not take too kindly to that.

• Blimey.
    Thank God I'm only doing the aways
  • I don’t believe the club have purposely chosen an initiative that they don’t think people will take up but as someone has already said, they’ve gone for the cheapest option where it feels like they’re just offering something because they feel they should but don’t really want to.
  • In a way I can understand why they might want to space out the demand, so the kiosks aren't overwhelmed at the first game with people trying to claim their discount, but issuing vouchers that can only be used in 2022 is ridiculous.
  • DOUCHER said:
    You get 8p off a cup of bovril if you go to Watford gap services between 05.32 and 05.37 on Tuesday 16 March 2027.
    I’m in!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Mine arrived this evening?....as I always buy the new shirt every season voucher is welcome. Nearly threw the envelope out as garbage.
  • It's a cock up, casts doubt over leadership of marketing team and better not to have bothered, but it isn't life threatening, no one has died, and why anyone can be bovvered to be offended escapes me I'm afraid.

• Shop discount only in September is a bit naughty, only 2 home Saturday games and a midweek one 
  • I think i will use the discount on a pint, round the saving up to a pound and give it to the RBL, or some such organisation. 
    And hope the club learns, and we all move on.
  • It's a cock up, casts doubt over leadership of marketing team and better not to have bothered, but it isn't life threatening, no one has died, and why anyone can be bovvered to be offended escapes me I'm afraid.

Agreed. Done during lock-down - possibly by someone who hadn't been out of the house for months working on their kitchen table?
  • Give your beer voucher to an away supporter.