Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD [+post-match p21]: Hartlepool vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 25th Jan 2022

Comments

• Options
    Trouble with a major clear out (again) in the summer is whether people still trust Gallen and co with our recruitment. He has bought so many of these players to the club.  Appreciate he has had a tough time of it with RD/ESI etc and also that he made some great loan signings such as Cullen, Bielik, Gallagher. But his successes are getting further and further away.
    Agree with this!  Jury’s really out now! 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    What a truly shite season. We can’t even look at Ipswich anymore & say ‘oh well it could be worse!’

They have stormed up the league having only lost one of the last 7…with 4 wins in the last 5. 

Can’t believe the direction us & them have taken since we beat them at the Valley in Nov. We seem to get out played by everyone we play against and they are now just two places outside the playoffs.
    Thank goodness. I have money on them top 6.  In fact I see they are still 7/2 which looks good; may double down. 👍
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Next game 

MacGillivray
    Clare - Inniss - Famewo - Purrington
    Jaiyesimi - Gilbey - Morgan - B.Taylor
    Aneke - Burstow

You’d play Morgan over Dobson?

• Options
    Twine just scored a great goal for MK Dons, a player we really should've signed in the summer.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Valley11 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Next game 

MacGillivray
    Aneke - Burstow

Edited with context. 

Would probably consider doing a Bowyer and getting Morgan on one of the wings.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Next game 

MacGillivray
    Aneke - Burstow

Personally would put Dobson in as the first name on our teamsheet in any formation. Not sure why he should be punished by the others not doing their job.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    If things don't change fast, I'd like some interesting changes. 4-4-2 for a start, no Gunter or Matthews, so Clare gets asked to play there.

Not sure how well Dobson will do at CM in a 2 but worth a try? 

MacGillivray
    Jaiyesimi - Gilbey - Dobson - B.Taylor
    Aneke - Burstow

Poor clare escaping RB at Oxford to play RB at Charlton 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    If things don't change fast, I'd like some interesting changes. 4-4-2 for a start, no Gunter or Matthews, so Clare gets asked to play there.

Not sure how well Dobson will do at CM in a 2 but worth a try? 

MacGillivray
    Jaiyesimi - Gilbey - Dobson - B.Taylor
    Aneke - Burstow

Could we play a diamond and try Bowyer's tested formation at this level?

MacGillivray
    Gilbey - Dobson - Morgan
    Lee
    Aneke - Burstow
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Next game 

MacGillivray
    Aneke - Burstow

Personally would put Dobson in as the first name on our teamsheet in any formation. Not sure why he should be punished by the others not doing their job.
    As above.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trouble with a major clear out (again) in the summer is whether people still trust Gallen and co with our recruitment. He has bought so many of these players to the club.  Appreciate he has had a tough time of it with RD/ESI etc and also that he made some great loan signings such as Cullen, Bielik, Gallagher. But his successes are getting further and further away.
    Said it before re' Gallen and I still remain far from convinced about JJ too. Nothing personal and I know that won't be a popular view
  • Options
    The aim again for next season is promotion, I’m worried that apart from Dobson I’m really not sure how many of these players are capable of that, maybe Gilbey, Clare, MacGillivray, Aneke… Purrington as a backup, Famewo blows hot and cold so maybe you’d want to keep him around but I would pass on signing Leko & Lee. CBT’s contract extension was pointless. The less said about Watson, Matthews and Gunter the better.

It’s great we have a owner willing to spend some money but the recruitment has been poor and we need yet another rebuild.

• Options
    There's no point using a formation that Jacko says he won't be adopting.

Wish I didn't watch that second half now.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    We should have had a bigger clear out last summer. Definitely need to this summer!  Awful just awful. Have we learned anything.  Seems like we are going to sign more injury prone players!  Disillusioned!!!!
    This is a good point, but many thought because we just missed out on the play offs by GD, we weren’t that far off.  

If we go into next summer and build a team around Famewo, Purrington, Inniss, Lee, Gilbey, Washington, DJ, CBT, we’ll be right back here next year, saying exactly the same 
    I'd definitely keep MacG, Famewo, Inniss, Lavelle, Dobson, Gilbey, JFC (if he can get fit) Stockley, Aneke, Burstow.

Honestly wouldn't care if anyone else left.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Awful performance. One of those where you think we need a major clear out. We were outplayed by a League Two outfit that had a few players who seemed better than ours. Can't think of any pluses from the game.
    Were you there sir ? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Next game 

MacGillivray
    Aneke - Burstow

Edited with context. 

That's how Powell played too in the Championship, with Pritchard as a right midfielder
  • Options
    Dreadful - I reckon at best we had 15 mins of good play in this game - the rest was us being shit, and Pool taking advantage

Oh - and I hope this is now the end of the ‘White Pele’ song - it’s ridiculous, and when he walked up for that penalty, well I just knew …..
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Next game 

MacGillivray
    Aneke - Burstow

Edited with context. 

That's how Powell played too in the Championship, with Pritchard as a right midfielder
    Shelvey was played out there too by Parkinson when we were in League One
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The aim again for next season is promotion, I’m worried that apart from Dobson I’m really not sure how many of these players are capable of that, maybe Gilbey, Clare, MacGillivray, Aneke… Purrington as a backup, Famewo blows hot and cold so maybe you’d want to keep him around but I would pass on signing Leko & Lee. CBT’s contract extension was pointless. The less said about Watson, Matthews and Gunter the better.

It’s great we have a owner willing to spend some money but the recruitment has been poor and we need yet another rebuild.
    Going up with a team that resembles anything like the ones we put out at the moment would end in complete disaster. If we've got any intention of actually staying there for any longer than 5 minutes, drastic changes need to be brought about imo
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    We should have had a bigger clear out last summer. Definitely need to this summer!  Awful just awful. Have we learned anything.  Seems like we are going to sign more injury prone players!  Disillusioned!!!!
    This is a good point, but many thought because we just missed out on the play offs by GD, we weren’t that far off.  

If we go into next summer and build a team around Famewo, Purrington, Inniss, Lee, Gilbey, Washington, DJ, CBT, we’ll be right back here next year, saying exactly the same 

Good point and don’t think we will. 

I would like to think out of all them you have a mentioned only Gilbey would be in starting 11.

maybe resign purrington, Washington and innis as squad players along with CBT and.  DJ who are on long term deals. 

• Options
    The good news for us is that Wimbledon are in terrible form at the moment, so that's one side likely to stay below us...
  • Options
    Twine just scored a great goal for MK Dons, a player we really should've signed in the summer.
    Got to start questioning Gallen now! He is responsible for most of our rabble! 
  • Options
    May as well close the thread, we ain't going to fu*king Wembley, 'cos we got beat by bloody Hartlepool and let's face it we deserved nothing better on the night, no use slaying one player for missing a penalty, they are all to blame...
    So we have another league match v Portsmouth Monday to look forward to, and a chance to redeem some pride in our club, Jacko is certainly well and truly past the honeymoon period and into the caky end of the game, i'm sure he has the balls to sort it and get what is left of the season back on track starting with 3 points at Fratton Park..
  • Options
    Got to start questioning Gallen now! He is responsible for most of our rabble! 
    Yeah, bring back that crazy-haired prick in his underpants, he’d be key for a better future…
  • Options
    Despite the shit result...the shit performance infront of those travelling fans is criminal. They should all be refunded.
  • Options
    The summer will be interesting. 

When he bought us TS said that going up in the first season would be a bonus but not essential and the business plan was for this season. 

Since then Covid has restricted attendances, we have failed to go up again this season and it looks like to have any chance next season he will need to throw a lot more cash at it, likely at a time attendances (and hence revenue) will dip as people lose the interest of a new owner bounce.

Just how deep are those pockets... Or do Pope/Gomez save us?